Wednesday, July 25, 2012

Change yet again

I got a note yesterday on Facebook from my friend who I haven't talked to in 1 year.  She apologized to me for not noticing how I was doing during the time that both her father and my mother were dying.  Honestly if I hadn't  been so stressed out myself I probably wouldn't have written back to her the way I did.  I need to respond to her note but I'm taking a day or two to think about what and how I want to say it. 

Gus, our yellow lab died a few weeks ago from kidney failure, he was only six.  He was also blind in one eye and had started going blind in the other eye.  Some days more than others, I wish I had a magic wand.  He was such a sweet soul and didn't deserve that.  I have to remind myself that life isn't fair, it just is but some years, months, days really suck.  And then I laugh at my coon hound mix, Jackie who's giving me sh*t for something and I can't speak hound and she can't speak English but she can talk and expresses herself quite well.  We adopted a Basset Hound (I must love being talked to) who is 9 years old named Homer who has two speeds, off and slow.  I do mean slooooooooow.  He has a wonderful bay like his new sister and the same streak of "let me think about what you want me to do and I'll get back to you".  I love hounds and I love attitude. 

No comments:

Post a Comment